"Learn of me"

On my mission I was accountable to way more people than just myself. I was able to report to my mission president, companions, bishops, and to God. Being home from the Washington Federal Way Mission for 9 months now, I've realized that I've started to lose this act of accounting regularly and I haven't been progressing the way that I'd like to. It's always good when change comes in your life because it gives you time to evaluate where you are at, where you hope to be, and the ways in which you will get there. Recently, I've had time to think about my relationship with my Father in Heaven and subsequent service in His church. I've realized that there have been a lot of distractions that have been dragging my attention away from Him.

Image result for president monson when performance is measured, performance improves
 This quote from President Monson is what inspired me to start this blog. I need somewhere that I can be directly accountable for my goals and this will allow me to not only be accountable, but to also share my testimony with anyone who cares to read this.

D&C 19:23 says "Learn of me and listen to my words, walk in the meekness of my spirit and you shall have peace in me." All of what I write here will be focused on how I am personally coming to better know and act like my Savior.

That being said, my goals for this week include having shorter, more meaningful prayers and structured scriptures studies. I want to focus on these two things this week because they are what will help me to build my foundation in Jesus Christ. I have a testimony that consistently doing the little things will begin to change our hearts and our behaviors to be more aligned with God and His will for us. I love this Gospel and I'm so grateful to be a part of something that fills me with so much JOY ♥

XOXO, Kayla.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prepare Yourself

He's the Mark